Aesop's Fables Illustrated Book —
An illustrated reinvention of a selected Aesop’s Fables with a twist.
Aesop’s fables illustrated book is a custom short-form storybook designed in collaboration with Sheri Poetker (Designer at Resonance Consultancy Ltd.). The artwork was designed to accompany some of the most well known fables, providing a unique visual storytelling experience. Targeted toward an older audience, the custom artwork was developed to evoke the grungy and darker tones found in some of the stories. Each illustration was collaged using recycled magazines, National Geographic clippings and mixed media techniques.
- To design and develop a visual illustrative language that would provide an intriguing and unique reading experience.
- To repurpose used magazines and found objects to up-cycle materials for the creation of each new illustration.
- Design and produce a simplified and modern page layout, from front to back.
- Work collaboratively to execute each art piece.
The To-Do List
- To design the page layouts, grid, and book structure.
- Select typography and color palette.
- Curate visuals and design new artwork to illustrate the short form storybook.
The Aesop’s fables illustrated book was designed, illustrated and printed in limited quantities in Vancouver, Canada. With such a successful collaborative relationship, Rachel and Sheri are looking forward to work together again in the near future.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Notepad and pencil
- Adobe InDesign
- Mixed Media (Magazines, Paper, Pens, Acrylic Paint, Glue)
- To work in collaboration for the design, development, and execution of the illustrated storybook.
- Artist in collaboration for each illustrated art piece.
- Develop and design the book layout and page structure.